5 questions I wish I had asked my surgeon
Six months ago I had knee surgery. These are questions I have now:
- When (if ever) will I able to dance, move through space unbounded in response to acoustic waves trembling across organs?
- When (if ever) will navigating stairs not cause me to clench my teeth and set my mouth?
- When (if ever) will staying still stop being my new default, when (if ever) will I be able to move restlessly, wandering, all over the day?
- When (if ever) will walking be again like daydreaming, with no acute sense of time and limitations?
- When (if ever) will I be able to leap, prance, pounce and sidle?